For Sale or Wanted items
For Sale - Burley Duet Tandem
This is a Burley Duet Tandem. A good, solid bike from a legend in tandem manufacturing. I'm guessing this one is a 1980s vintage. It has scratches, but you can tell it has not been used much. This bike has 6 gears in back, with index shifting, and 3 in front. It has "V" style rim brakes, as well as a rear drum brake to help slow the bike when going down hills, which really helps save your rim brakes. It has 27" road wheels and the tires are in good shape. The bike rides smoothly shifts smoothly and brakes as it should. The bike is a large-medium frame.
I'm 6'3" and the front seat fits me fine, the back seat would be perfect for someone in the 5'4"-5'7" range. When I got the bike, both seat posts were seized, and could not be adjusted. I drilled out the front seat post and installed a new one, cut to my specific height. The front seat could be lowered by cutting more off the bottom of the front seat post.
I paid $400 for the bike about 2 months ago as I was looking for a bike to try to ride with my girlfriend to see if she would enjoy tandem biking. I didn't want to spend $2,000+ on a new tandem, only to find out she didn't like riding. Since getting this bike, I've found one that we both enjoy, and now this one is extra. If you are looking for a bike to try tandem biking, this is a great choice. Nothing pretty, but a good, solid bike.
Cash only, Delivery in the metro is available for a negotiated fee. Feel free to text with questions.
For Sale - 1996 Santana Enduro
We purchased this in 1997 and put about 1000 miles on it. It has been sitting in our basement since. So, an older bike, but very few miles on it. Very smoooth ride.
- Size Medium
- Sachs shifters
- Shimano Deore LX cantilever breaks
- Shimano XTR 3x8 drivetrain
- front crank arms - Shimano 175mm
- rear crank arms - Shimano 170mm
- Shimano SPD pedals
- Edco sealed wheel hubs
- wheels - 26x1.25 Wheelsmith 40 spoke
- upgraded rear handlebar stem (original was a bit weak)
- rear suspension seat post
- Diacomp AHeadSet headset
Probably going to need new rubber....
- Pedal Pack case - fitted for this Santana tandem. Used once.
- Removable wheels (4)
- lost the key for the locks but you can’t lock cases going through airports anyway...
If interested contact:
For Sale - CoMotion Supremo Co-Pilot tandem
We’re selling our beautiful CoMotion Supremo Co-Pilot tandem, sized for Medium-Large Captain and Medium Stoker. It’s a travel tandem with couplers and (never used) rolling travel cases included. Well maintained and rarely (although amicably) ridden. Like-new condition. Sold as a set with tandem-specific rear hitch rack and travel cases.
Houston Bicycle Club Member
For Sale - Santana Beyond
This Santana Beyond Tandem has a small IsoGrid/Titanium tubeset. Santana built the Beyond from 2002 to 2017 and it was their premium tandem at that time. The bike offers a fantastic ride at an unbelievable light weight.
It has been hanging in our garage for approximately 10 years since my shoulders gave out. I thought I would be able to ride again after double shoulder replacement but this did not happen.
Santana Beyond Carbon/Titanium Tandem Specs
• Wheels: Fusion Velocity
• Tires: Armadillo
• Fork: Reynolds Ouzo Pro Tandem
• Headset: Chris King no thread set
• Captain Handlebar: Riser
• Stoker Handlebar: Santana Wing Bullhorn
• Captain Stem: Santana short stem
• Stoker Stem: Adjustable Length
• Captain Seat Post: Santana Carbon
• Stoker Seat Post: Carbon Tamer
• Captain Saddle: Avatar 155
• Stoker Saddle: Terry Butterfly
• Crank set: FSA Carbon
• Front Brake: Shimano Dura-ace
• Rear Brake: 10” Avid Tandem Disc
• Shimano XTR 3X9
• Pedals: Frog
• Three Carbon Bottle Cages included
Payment by Cash or Money Transfer
The bike is located in Prior Lake, Minnesota
Prior Lake, MN